Viper Pantry Moth Trap - Pack of 6 Pheromone Lures
The Viper Moth Trap is ideal for Indian Meal Moth in pantries, as well as a variety of warehouse moths in food production and food service facilities. A triangular shape allows for air to pass through the trap to facilitate pheromone release and increase attraction area for moths. Suited to the plodia/ephestia
group of moths. Not suited to clothes moths.
What do food moths look like?
We often notice flying insects or larvae crawling in pantry cabinets in the kitchen. Firstly, it is worth noting that these small pest moths in the kitchen are not the same species as those attacking clothes. So to get rid of them, you need a specially designed food moth remedy. These creatures, though small in size, can reproduce very quickly, infecting food and posing a risk to human health. Adults are usually brownish-gray, moving quite slowly, most often towards the light. The larvae, on the other hand, are usually white, yellow, or sometimes green. Depending on the stage of their development, the most effective in the fight against moths are undoubtedly pheromone traps
Where do moths in our kitchen come from?
Finding food moths in your household does not indicate a lack of hygiene. Even in the best-kept home, kitchen moths can hitch a ride from infected products purchased in stores. Once in the home, moths begin to reproduce. Groups of food that especially attract Pantry Moths are: flours, pasta, cereals, and even dried fruit and nuts.
How to get rid of food moths? Is There An Effective Way To Kill Kitchen Moths?
It is possible to eliminate the moth problem at home, but it is a multi-stage process. The first steps are to go through all your food items carefully and to discard any infected items. Then apply the Viper Pantry Moth trap. By choosing this type of food moth pheromone trap, you will successfully get rid of adults. The subsequent cleaning of the area and removal of infected products should eliminate the larvae.
Non-Tox, Poison-Free Pest Management
Introducing Viper, our latest development in specialised poison-free rodent and insect management systems. With a global movement towards poison-free, sustainable, environment friendly and humane treatment of all animals, the Viper devices meet consumer demands offering the very best domestic and commercial pest management approach.
Viper Pest Control - The Benefits
- Poison-free traps means there is no inhumane treatment.
- No risk of poison exposure to native life, children or pets.
- No poisoned rats or mice are left to die where ever they may fall, therefore avoiding a second round risk if consumed by pets, birds of prey or other forms of wildlife.
- No carcasses are left to rot in unreachable places such as wall and ceiling voids which creates odour and attract flies and other insects.
- In commercial food production facilities, there are no poisons left around food or the potential for “hoarding”, rodents to move rat baits to a secret (and potentially unsafe) location.
- The Viper Pest Control traps provide a sustainable and environmentally friendly solution as toxic waste disposal is not an issue.
- Instant kill or live-capture of rats or mice.
- Live capture allows for identification and greater understanding of population density and location when implementing the correct control process.
Not sure which is the best solution for your rodent or insect issue? Call us on 1300 665 657 or contact us here
or on Facebook!